Sendmail not relaying

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Wed Jan 18 20:45:46 GMT 2006

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Hi Lance,
>
> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 19:12 +0000, Lance Haig wrote:
>
>> makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access
>
> Is this a typo? - it should be:
>
> makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access
>                              ^^^
>
> If you are using a RPM style system - you could also just edit
> the /etc/mail/access then run 'make -C /etc/mail' and it will take
> care of everything for you :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Steve.

Nope, not a type.  It's smart enough to know that and adds the .db
itself.  If one is in the /etc/mail directory the paths aren't even
necessary.  'makemap hash access < access' works just fine.

The additional bits can certainly give one a bit of a reality check as
to what's actually happening although more characters also means more
potential for typos.  At least the way I type...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500