Release 4.50.9 : Re: Worm.VB-8 not detected by filename or filetype

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 19:47:39 GMT 2006

Jim Holland wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Julian Field wrote:
>

>> I have just released 4.50.9 which will decode the UU-encoded file
>> attached to these messages, so that the virus scanners should all
>> catch it, filename traps will work on the .scr file inside the .bhx
>> file, filetype traps will work on it too.
>>

> Thanks very much for your extraordinarily fast response.

I do try to get these little problems sorted as fast as I can :-)
Note that it will now quite happily unpack uue within zip within rar
within uue within uue, for example. How deep it unpacks zip,rar and uue
is controlled by the "Maximum Archive Depth", uue is treated as another
archive format.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.