Release 4.50.9 : Re: Worm.VB-8 not detected by filename or filetype

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Wed Jan 18 16:16:38 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 14:19 +0000, Julian Field wrote:

> I have just released 4.50.9 which will decode the UU-encoded file
> attached to these messages, so that the virus scanners should all
> catch it, filename traps will work on the .scr file inside the .bhx
> file, filetype traps will work on it too.

Further to this - I've installed 4.50.9 on the Fort Systems test box but
I do not have any examples of Worm.VB-8 to test it with.

Please send your examples of this virus to virustest at fsg.com (DO NOT
send them to the list!!).

You may then log-in to MailWatch on this system at
http://mail.fsg.com/mailscanner and use the username 'virustest at fsg.com'
with a password of 'guest' to see the messages being received.

The system runs ClamAV 0.88 with Mail::ClamAV 0.17 and BitDefender -
I've also just manually run the virus scanner update.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--