Virus slow down?

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Mon Jan 16 09:53:18 GMT 2006

Hi

Sorry for delayed response

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, DAve wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:35:15 -0500
> From: DAve <dave.list at PIXELHAMMER.COM>
> To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
> Subject: Virus slow down?
>
> Is anyone else noticing a huge drop in viruses? Last night at 10pm EST
> my virus captures dropped to an all time low. I generally catch around
> 1100 per day, per server, and I have only caught 60 so far today.

I also noticed a big drop from 6 January, which is the date of the last
Sober worm to arrive.  Not a single Sober worm since then.  Perhaps it is
because I started blocking sites that had been "streaming" Sober to us.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service