--lint patch for Mailscanner

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Jan 16 15:12:45 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> The attached tar.gz file contains 2 patches, one for
> /usr/sbin/MailScanner and the other for
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomConfig.pm.
>
> Once you have applied the patches (they are both very simple and
> small), you will be able to run
>    MailScanner --lint
> or
>    MailScanner --lint path-to-MailScanner.conf-file
>
> It should just check the syntax of the configuration files and then stop.

Julian,

Just installed the patch on mailscanner-4.50.6-2 and the results are
interesting ;-) :
# MailScanner --lint
773

Is that my lucky number of the day?  Did you confuse the patch with your
lotto numbers generator? :-D

I had no error installing the patches:
# cd /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner
# patch < CustomConfig.pm.patch
patching file CustomConfig.pm
# cd /usr/sbin/
# patch < /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/usr.sbin.MailScanner.patch
patching file MailScanner
#

Happy birthday! :-)

Denis