mailscanner

Tony Enderby tenderby at mailwash.com.au
Mon Jan 16 07:07:10 GMT 2006

From your mailscanner.conf file ...

# How many MailScanner processes do you want to run at a time?
# There is no point increasing this figure if your MailScanner server
# is happily keeping up with your mail traffic.
# If you are running on a server with more than 1 CPU, or you have a
# high mail load (and/or slow DNS lookups) then you should see better
# performance if you increase this figure.
# If you are running on a small system with limited RAM, you should
# note that each child takes just over 20MB.
#
# As a rough guide, try 5 children per CPU. But read the notes above.

Max Children = 5