processing backlog

Doc Schneider doc at maddoc.net
Sat Jan 14 04:26:37 GMT 2006

Is there a way for me to just have MailScanner handle a huge backlog of
e-mails and not accept any new incoming?

I've got a big mqueue.in full of new mail and MS seems to be only
churning through like 20 or so an hour.

What happened was my main mail server dropped a drive in its RAID array
and I had to replace it and then rebuild the raid. So there's now like a
couple days worth of mail sitting on my old slow secondary server that
needs to be processed. I did turn off the "outgoing" while the mail
server was down. But at this rate it is going to take a month to get
through all the mail sitting there.... and intermixed with the good mail
is the spam crap that always hits my secondary server...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--
-Doc