4.50.6: SA cache, a syslog suggestion

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:15:17 GMT 2006

Julian,

I upgraded to 4.50.6 today on Solaris 9; thank God for the MAQ
Wiki and the tip there about SQLite (-lrt) for Solaris.  That
one had me baffled for a while.

A suggestion for the syslog output regarding caching.  Whilst
grepping for "cache" in my syslog, I saw:

   SpamAssassin cache hit for message k0DIeO6M000601

so then I grepped for the messageID.  Another syslog related to
this was:

   Spam Actions: message k0DIeO6M000601 actions are [whatever]

How about noting if the Spam Action was a result of caching, eg:

   Spam Actions: message k0DIeO6M000601 actions are [whatever] (cached)

if the action resulted from a hit in the SA cache?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College