test -

Sylvain Phaneuf Sylvain.Phaneuf at imsu.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 11:32:22 GMT 2006

> On 13/01/06, Paul Kelly :: Blacknight <paul at blacknight.ie> wrote:
>> the subject should be prefixed by [MailScanner] ..
>>

> Looks ugly, makes poor use of the screen resources ( less seen of
the
> actual Subject in most MUAs), and will fool systems that rely on
where
> Re: etc are inserted (gmail for one) into not threading
conversations
> properly (cf the mailwatch list archives/forums)..... Can we please
> _not_ have this?
> It's easy enough making sorting rules on To: ...;)

Except when someone sends a message and puts the list address in the CC
field... as someone did a few minutes ago

Sylvain

Sylvain Phaneuf --- Systems Manager | phone : +44 (0)1865 221323
Information Management Services Unit - Medical Sciences Division
Oxford University | email : sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.ox.ac.uk
Room 3A25B John Radcliffe Hospital | fax : +44 (0) 1865 221322
Oxford OX3 9DU England