Bayes expire file problems

Steve Campbell campbell at CNPAPERS.COM
Wed Jan 11 16:37:19 GMT 2006

I think it's about time to beat this horse a little more -

I have two machines that are almost identical. One continues to get the
bayes_toks.expire files, the other never does.

Both machines are running the same version, though a little old. (I will
upgrade when I and the machines get the time!)

I have checked and compared :

Mailscanner.conf
spam.assassin.prefs.conf
check_mailscanner
update_virus_scanners
clean.quarantine
mailscanner-mrtg.crond
mailscanner-mrtg.cfg
mailscanner-mrtg.conf

Both machines' files are identical, with the exceptions of what is not
pertinent to expiry. There is no files in the root's .spamassassin
directory.

What have I missed this time? I know some of the above files are not
related, but figured I check anyway.

BTW version is 4.36.

I'm thinking it's related to mailscanner-mrtg, but just can't seem to find
the problem.

Anyone who cares to throw mud at me for asking this for the 2 trillionth
time, and offer the obvious solution that I'm not seeing, please have at it.

Thanks

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers