#!/bin/bash

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 11 10:49:55 GMT 2006

On 11/01/06, Martin Hepworth <martinh at solid-state-logic.com> wrote:
> <OT>
> Crikey DG/UX that bring back memories...I remember struggling to port code
> this pile of wackiness (login/authentication stuff)

Well, during the few years I managed a couple of semi-big DB servers
running it, it kind of grew on me:-).Wackiest of all was the lisp-like
device filehandles..... sd(npsc((pci(1),0,1)) would be a simple one,
I've actively forgotten the FC ones:-). But although people like
Brandon Allberry has been known to call it "the DG abomination", it
had its high points.... clustering and VDM (kind of like a very nice
LVM with a very nice approach to mirroring) included in the base
package made it nice for HA solutions.... Oh well, it's dead now.

> And SUNOS 4 - still used in production here!

Ah the good ol workhorse that refuse to die?-):-)

--
-- Glenn