MailScanner login

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 10 14:03:27 GMT 2006

On 1/10/06, Helge Waastad <helge.waastad at smartnet.no> wrote:
      Jan 10 11:28:30 mail MailScanner[29925]: Message
      439FF49C00D.C2AA0 from
      numericlinkwarning 217.219.173.8 ([spamuser]@hotmail.com) to
      [mydomain] is NJABL, DSBL

      It is actually the last linje I'm wondering about. Is it
      correct that only
      the domain should be printed out in the to address?

I've always assumed that it would be a problem to log correctly if the
spam was addressed to 10:s or 100:s of recipients. I think a syslog line
can be only 512 bytes, I might be wrong about that but it definitely has
some limit since I've seen truncated lines.

--
/peter