Feature request - sort of...

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Tue Jan 10 03:49:44 GMT 2006

Would it be possible to have:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-latest.rpm.tar.gz
and
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-beta.rpm.tar.gz

redirect or point to the latest stable and beta releases? I'm updating
my automation scripts (which save me at least an hour when installing a
server with
MS+ClamAV+BitDefender+SpamAssassin(razor+pyzor+dcc)+clamavmilter+spf+greylisting+domainkeys+SMTPAuth+imaps/pop3s+webmail+everythingelse)
and I thought it would save a couple of lines of code and prevent
changes to the design of the webpage from breaking my scripts.

I currently do it with:

export LATESTMSURL=http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/`lynx
--source http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/downloads.shtml |
grep .tar.gz |head -1 | cut -d \" -f 2`
export LATESTMS=`echo $LATESTMSURL|cut -d / -f 8`
wget $LATESTMSURL
tar xvfz $LATESTMS

... and so on.

Any suggestions?