exe extension in url

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 9 21:11:20 GMT 2006

On 1/9/06, Information Services <lbcadmin at gmail.com> wrote:
      Here is something I haven't seen, and maybe these have been
      coming through but this is the first I have taken notice too.

      I have an email (posted below), that tries to get the user to
      go to a link with an executable file.  Where would I go in
      order to block this type of email?
      I could block the postcard domain, but that would resolve
      only them.  I am concerned about hackers sending to less
      knowledgeable users.

From: Best Postcard [mailto:service at postcard.com ]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 5:46 PM
To: munged at munged.com
Subject: Online Greeting Card Waiting For You

      Hello,

 A Greeting Card is waiting for you at our virtual post office!

 Sender:  your dear friend

If you don't pick up your Greeting Card within 4 weeks, our postal
clerk may discard it!

 CLICK this pick-up address or COPY and PASTE into your browser :

http://www.freeforall.home.ro/postcard.gif.exe

You could write a SpamAssassin rule to score web links to executable
files.

--
/peter