Problem installing DBI solved

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at ELIRION.NET
Fri Jan 6 21:48:43 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> Don't see quite what you mean. What I need to do is kill perl.req, I
> don't see what I can do apart from put it back afterwards.

Well, first off, I meant rpmbuild, not rpm.

If I understand rpmbuild correctly, it calls perl.req because that's the
program specified in the __perl_requires macro.  Do an

	rpmbuild --showrc

and look for __perl_requires.

If you redefine the macro successfully then the standard perl.req
shouldn't be called.  You can get rpmbuild to call your replacement
script instead, without making any changes to perl.req.

I was just suggesting trying to redefine the macro on the command line.
 I don't know if that would work.  You could also try redefining it in
the .spec file or in an rcfile you pass via the --rcfile command line
switch.

Does that make more sense?

Regards,

	Richard Siddall