Virus slow down?

Alisdair Davey ard at pergamentum.com
Fri Jan 6 16:44:26 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:35 -0500, DAve wrote:
> Is anyone else noticing a huge drop in viruses? Last night at 10pm EST
> my virus captures dropped to an all time low. I generally catch around
> 1100 per day, per server, and I have only caught 60 so far today.
>
> Everything else in MailScanner MRTG looks good, Clam and BD are up to
> date, no problems in the logs. I don't suspect anything wrong on my end,
> just a pleasent lack of viruses.

Since I upgraded to 4.48.4, I have had a week with pretty much zero
virus detections (some filename catches by MailScanner)...after a couple
of days of this it scared me! So I tried sending EICAR and a few less
friendly viruses through the system and the detection seems to work
fine. On the other hand spam detection is at an all time high! It looks
like pretty much everything is being detected as High Spam.
Cheers
Alisdair

--
Pergamentum Solutions