test setup

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Jan 6 12:29:05 GMT 2006

On 6 Jan 2006, at 06:30, Jon Miller wrote:

> First like to say my copy of the MailScanner book has just arrived
> and I'm ready to try to set up a test system to install MS, SA,
> SAV, MCP,etc.
> What I would like to do is have mail from our regular mail server
> send a copy to this server, so we can see how the setup works with
> real mail.
> We are using a Debian server with postfix as our MTA.
> Any ideas or diagram/instructions available on the subject?

When the test server is up and running you could always just tell
your existing Postfix server to BCC an account on the test box with
all mail. That would give it a real life testing (Although it would
only test mail that has made it's way through the existing server, so
valid recipients, non RBL listed IP's etc. This shouldn't be too bad
though as you are after testing MailScanner, right?).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy