Beta 4.50.4 released -- faster than 4.49

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 18:21:06 GMT 2006

Steve Freegard wrote:

>Hi Julian,
>
>On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:45 +0000, Julian Field wrote:

>>The critical lines are these:
>>
>>On 5 Jan 2006, at 16:21, Ken A wrote:
>>

>>>error: Failed dependencies:
>>>        perl(RPC::PlClient) >= 0.2000 is needed by perl-
>>>DBI-1.50-1.noarch
>>>        perl(RPC::PlServer) >= 0.2001 is needed by perl-
>>>DBI-1.50-1.noarch
>>>        perl(Win32::ODBC) is needed by perl-DBI-1.50-1.noarch
>>>

>>I don't understand why it thinks it needs these. My system hasn't got
>>them installed and didn't need them for DBI.
>>

><SNIP>
>
>I had exactly the same issues building Perl modules for DefenderMX - it
>is caused by the RPM find-requires script that searches for all the
>dependencies for the RPM including the optional libraries too.

I have already fixed that. Just make /usr/lib/rpm/perl.req start with
"exit 0;". That stops it trying to be too clever.

If I try building the DBI RPM on an older host, we can see if that
helps. I haven't got any real ancient hosts to build RPMs on any more,
older ==> better for building perl rpms.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.