MailScanner version 5

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 5 14:14:44 GMT 2006

On 1/5/06, Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond at prolocation.net> wrote:
      Was there a real need to know for V5? I mean, more or less
      thats what most
      vendors do when announcing major design changes.

I guess if Julian would rewrite MS and make it modularized where we could
choose which modules (virus, spam, file name, ...) to use and in which
order then he would probably call it 5. Now there's lots of incremental
changes that we all can use without starting over so I see no reason for
the first number to change.

As you said, it's just a number and since Julian is not an evil empire
needing to impress the weak there's no need for "impressive" numbers. :-)

--
/Peter