Beta 4.50.4 released -- faster than 4.49

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 5 09:38:52 GMT 2006

On 1/5/06, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
      On 4 Jan 2006, at 22:35, shuttlebox wrote:
      On 1/4/06, Julian Field < MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
      wrote:
            It looks at the message body to see if it
            has seen this message before.
            If it has, it grabs all the SpamAssassin
            results out of a cache and
            doesn't call SpamAssassin at all for this
            message.

How does it determine that, by MD5 or similar? Is only the
checksum stored in the db or the whole body?

MD5, Only the checksum.

Ok, sounds excellent. Am I right in that this has been discussed on the
list before? Caching SA results I mean. We asked, you delivered. :-)

            I noticed that you in the change log say under
            Fixes: "Improved reliability of Bayes rebuilds a
            lot". Do you now use SQLite for Bayes too?
            Theoretically that should be possible since SA
            does support it. Is the fix something totally
            different?

Totally different. It's a very small change so that children doing
the Bayes rebuild die immediately after completing it, they don't
continue to live after that. It's solving problems like this, that
I did the "worker children" architecture in the first place :-)

Ok, if I ever get time I will look into using SQLite for Bayes. I want to
thank you for going with SQLite and not forcing us to have MySQL or
something similar on every MS server, good design decision I think. Could
you update the version output from MailScanner so it shows the new
required modules as well? In another thread someone posted his version
output and it lacked the new modules. Or does that mean he failed to
install them? When I have a missing required module the command breaks
horribly. It would be nice if it just noted them as missing (as with the
not required ones), I understand that you of course can't start MS then
but it would help to see it missing in clear text, not everyone
understands the perl output.

--
/Peter