Beta 4.50.4, SpamAssassin.cache.db and tmpfs

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 5 09:27:45 GMT 2006

On 1/5/06, Daniel Bird <dbird at sghms.ac.uk> wrote:
      I'm presuming it would be a good idea to move the
      SpamAssassin.cache.db
      to somewhere other than /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming if
      it's mounted
      as tmpfs since it will be lost if there's a reboot etc? Or
      does that not
      matter? How long are the entries cached?

In another thread Steve said the longest cache times are for viruses and
it's 48 hours. But what would happen if you lost the cache? I think it
would be equivalent to a no hit in the cache and the message has to be
scanned, not a problem since that's how it's always been done up to 4.50.

--
/Peter