upgrade_languages_conf broken and updating languages questions?

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 17:18:47 GMT 2006

On 4 Jan 2006, at 16:33, Jim Holland wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Remco Barendse wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 04:46:11 +0100
>> From: Remco Barendse <mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO>
>> To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>> Subject: upgrade_languages_conf broken and updating languages
>> questions?
>
>> Also if somebody knows of a way to do some sort of grepping and
>> deleting
>> the 'MS thanks transtec' etc. lines from the various reports
>> through a
>> script that would be really neat :)
>
> This Perl one-liner should do the trick from the command line in the
> reports directory:
>
> perl -pi -e 's/MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their
> support//' *.txt
>
> (See "man perlrun" for explanation of switches)
>
> I am not sure that Julian would approve of the change, however, if
> transtec are sponsoring the MailScanner development.

I don't mind you doing this. I have left it in there as they did give
me a dual 2.4GHz Xeon with 2Gb RAM and a 10,000rpm disk, when they
were the best thing you could get. But they haven't contributed since
then. I'm going to leave it in there for another year or so, but they
haven't bought that slot forever.

Anyone else interesting in buying that advertising space is welcome
to contact me. It doesn't come cheap! But as I now switch the inline
signature on by default, it does get you quite a lot of advertising
for your money.

Jules.

- --
Julian Field