MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.49 released -- faster!

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Wed Jan 4 09:03:40 GMT 2006

Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, mbneto wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has a benchmark of "how much faster" this
>> new version is with sendmail and exim.

We've sendmail 8.13.3, with mcafee/clamav/sa ona Solaris 9 /4-cpu/
Sun-Fire-V440.

I changed only the release of MS, without changing any configuration
parameter; the cpu load average
has changed from 2.5/3 to 1.2/1.6.

It seems to be really faster than previous MS.

Thanks again and again.

--
Dott. Mag. Sergio Rabellino

 Technical Staff