Mailscanner on Freebsd

Lance Haig lhaig at HAIGMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 2 18:33:45 GMT 2006

Hi Julian,

I have just looked on their website and it says 6 is a production
release.

Does that mean it is unstable?

Where can I find the documentation for installing MS on Freebsd.

I have seen the document on
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/FreeBSD.html

Are there other documents ?

Thanks

Lance

Julian Field wrote:
      Use the "port".
      cd /usr/ports
      make install name=mailscanner

      Once you've done all that, I've got a little list of things
      you have to do extra, as I've just done this myself.
      I hope you're not using this in production, freebsd 6 isn't
      finished yet!

      Lance Haig wrote:

            I am looking at installing MS on a freebsd 6
            system.

            Has anyone done this before?
            How does it compare with Suse or Redhat with
            regards to management.

            Thanks

            Lance

            ------------------------ MailScanner list
            with the words:
            Before posting, read the Wiki
            (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
            the archives
            (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

            Support MailScanner development - buy the book
            off the website!