OT: building a new MS machine and stuck at the firewall

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Tue Feb 28 19:23:01 GMT 2006

My comment about being new to managing Linux was really more targeted to
the original poster who said:

"Well I thought that I was not a newbie, but I am already stuck and
having not did anything but install CentOS 4.2.

I opted to enable the firewall during the setup, and now I do not even
know how to turn it off let alone configure the iptables, as it seems
that I need to do.  I searched and searched and I really just want to
turn it off because it is not directly on the net.

Any simple command ex: service firewall stop chkconfig firewall or
something to turn it off?"

It wasn't really meant to be directed at you... Sorry
Dennis

--

Dennis Willson
mailto:taz at taz-mania.com