bayes_toks.expire1090

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 28 14:37:56 GMT 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:24:36 +0000 Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> > I have lots of bayes_toks.expire1090, bayes_toks.expire15302, etc files
> > in /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin. Where are they appearing from?
> > RH AS 4, mailscanner-4.49.7, postfix, spamassassin-3.0.4.
>
> They are due to SpamAssassin timeouts occurring during Bayes database
> rebuilds. Your best bet is to upgrade to 4.50, as I fixed an issue
> connected to this, and configure MailScanner to do the Bayes rebuilds.

I found that I need to set Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400 (for example) and
bayes_auto_expire 0 in spam.assassin.prefs.conf. So I suggest changing
the comment before 'Rebuild Bayes Every' setting in MailScanner.conf to:

# If you are using the Bayesian statistics engine on a busy server,
# you may well need to force a Bayesian database rebuild and expiry
# at regular intervals. This is measures in seconds.
# 1 day = 86400 seconds.
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# If you enable this feature, set bayes_auto_expire 0 in spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
Rebuild Bayes Every = 0

Regards,
Nerijus