MailScanner per user mail size limit

Sean Embry sean at nisd.net
Thu Feb 23 23:26:32 GMT 2006

>> doron at crc.co.za 2/23/2006 4:22:49 PM >>>
Hi,

I have MailScanner 4.50.15 running on a FreeBSD 4.11 machine. All is
working perfectly. I have read through the docs on creating per user
mail limits but until now I have still not been able to make it work.
would like the rule file to control mail size limits for each user.

Are there any problems with this ?

Could someone provide me a example rule file or any hints/docs would
be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Doron
-->>>>

Doron,

Be aware that if you are also archiving the email, you'll get the whole
email regardless of size held in the quarantine or queue.
I have done this: Set a sendmail limit to the highest your users will
be permitted. Then reduce that per user via the rule sets.
You user still won't get the file, though it's in the quarantine or
archive.

Hope that helps.