MailScanner Ports ?

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Fri Feb 24 13:06:38 GMT 2006

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a DNS reply can't fit into a single udp packet then 53/tcp is needed
too.  And as you're not in charge of the big bad world out there, it's
not something you can decide a priori.  This hit a lot of MailScanner
users a while back when ClamAV had a lot of A records for their database
servers.

So I stand by what I said.  For proper functioning of DNS, TCP and UDP
ports 53 are needed.

Cheers,

Phil

----