Webmin module for MailScanner unavailable

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAInsurance.com
Wed Feb 22 18:15:38 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Chris Leahy wrote:
>> Hello Mr. Field,
>>
>> I've been attempting to obtain the Webmin module for some time.
>> The better part of a year actually. The webmin site says that the
>> module is GPL licensed, but I am unable to access the page.
>>
>> It requires authentication. Asks for a login and password to access
>> the page
>> in your link, which is the same link provided on the Webmin site.
>>
>> http://lushsoft.dyndns.org/mailscanner-webmin
>>
>> I have no credentials that will let me in and I cant find any
>> information about how to gain access.
>>
>> I waited for so long simply because I can get by without it, but it
>> would be nice to be able to manage it through webmin :-)
> I don't know much about this, but someone on the list must be using
> it.
>
> Can anyone else help out this gentleman for me please?

Chris (& Jules),
I have webmin-module-0.9.wbm ~460k dated April of 2004
Also have webmin-1.130-1.noarch.rpm ~8meg dated the same time.

I don't use the webmin module for MailScanner as I found it wasn't working
completely correct for me. However it is installed and seems to work mostly,
I just haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly. The conf file is plenty
easy to figure out and modify. I do however use webmin for grabbing files
out of quarantine and uploading/downloading files form my Win workstation.
Works great for that. Anyway I'd be happy to share what I have, let me
know...

Kind regards,
Ken

Ken Goods