I only want one child process but it seems to ignore the max children setting.

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Wed Feb 22 13:12:14 GMT 2006

I've set MailScanner to "1 child process only" when I've encountered two
different scenarios:

1. Low system resources (128MB RAM, 5400rpm drives, 500Mhz CPU's)
2. Locking problems somewhere in the mix (either dovecot, or sendmail,
or procmail, or something). Keeping only one process writing to the
mailboxes seems to make it less likely.

--

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants