MailScanner, postfix and exchange server as a gateway

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Tue Feb 21 18:25:06 GMT 2006

I'll share my experiences here.

The first time I rolled out Mailscanner, I used Sendmail. Sendmail
worked and did its job and I was happy for the most part.

However, in December, I wanted to use Postfix, for a variety of reasons.
So I updated our setup and used Postfix. With that, I an say this:

Postfix is just awesome. It just flat out rocks and I have the utmost
confidence in Postfix. It is extremely customizable and I have noticed a
considerable difference in my ability to reject SPAM just at the MTA
level. With just a real simple setup of postfix, you can tell postfix do
reject incoming connections that don't do proper HELO checks (not sure
if you can in sendmail...maybe, but not sure). It was so simple to setup
in Postfix. Just add the entry in main.cf, reload and your golden.

Sendmail is also a good MTA. I am just loving Postfix right now.
Customizable, secure, fast and reliable.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Jason