MailScanner, postfix and exchange server as a gateway

Steve Freegard smf at f2s.com
Tue Feb 21 13:24:21 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 11:51 +0000, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> For my view, better the devil you know...both are valid, as is exim or
> qmail.

Indeed - for Exim users - this:
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040816/msg00126.html might be a good alternative.

> For sendmail you'll need to configure milter-ahead, see this..
> http://www.fsl.com/support/Milter-Ahead-Exchange-Settings.pdf

Note that milter-ahead will only work correctly with Exchange 2003 as
it's the only version of Exchange that can be configured to actually
*reject* invalid users.

Otherwise you have to fall back on the Postfix-style method and create a
valid user list.

Cheers,
Steve.