Error using --lint option

Steve Freegard smf at f2s.com
Tue Feb 21 11:03:55 GMT 2006

Hi Rob,

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 10:12 +0200, Rob Borland wrote:
> MailScanner 4.50.15 is working fine with ClamAV and SpamAssassin, but I
> get the following error using the --lint option:
>
> # /usr/sbin/MailScanner --lint
> Cannot open config file --lint, No such file or directory at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 597.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 67.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 67.

Check for .rpmnew files in /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner -- you'll
probably find that you have a CustomConfig.pm.rpmnew file in there,
merge in any changes from CustomConfig.pm, then rename CustomConfig.pm
to .old and rename CustomConfig.pm.rpmnew to CustomConfig.pm and the
--lint will work correctly.

Cheers,
Steve.