spamassassinprefsfile Error

Robert Davison rob_27_preston at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 08:52:16 GMT 2006

The MailScanner.new file is indeed zero bytes long.

  If I delete the SpamAssassin Prefs File =/etc/MailScann...... line and run a --lint the output is..

  Read 701 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Cannot write pid file , No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 1238
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.

  I'm guessing that MailScanner is still runing ok without this line. Whats the 'cannot write pid file' about ?

"Randal, Phil" <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> wrote:
      Copy your existing MailScanner.conf somewhere safe and then run

    upgrade_MailScanner_conf

  and follow the instructions it prints on screen.

  If the resultant MailScanner.conf is zero bytes long after doing that, something's awry, co copy back your original MailScanner.conf and edit it to delete the

    SpamAssassin Prefs File = /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

  line.

  Then

    MailScanner --lint

  to see what errors it picks up.

  If OK, restart MailScanner in the normal manner.

  Cheers,

  Phil

  ----
Phil Randal