Spamassassin cache oddity with message dispositions

Chris Stone cstone at axint.net
Mon Feb 20 22:55:58 GMT 2006

Noticed in 4.50.15 with the SA cache usage enabled, that messages are being
delivered regardless of the score settings. I use sendmail and split
multi-recipient messages to individuals. Now with the SA caching, I am seeing
messages delivered that should not. For example, I just saw this:

mysql> select date,time,from_address,to_address,subject,sascore from maillog
where from_address='alesialet at clujnapoca.ro';
+------------+----------+-------------------------+-----------------+-----------------+---------+
| date       | time     | from_address            | to_address      | subject
| sascore |
+------------+----------+-------------------------+-----------------+-----------------+---------+
| 2006-02-20 | 15:38:05 | alesialet at clujnapoca.ro | addr1 at hms.com  | Hope this
helps |   14.35 |
| 2006-02-20 | 15:38:05 | alesialet at clujnapoca.ro | addr2 at hms.com | Hope this
helps |   14.35 |
| 2006-02-20 | 15:38:05 | alesialet at clujnapoca.ro | addr3 at hms.com   | Hope
this helps |   14.35 |
| 2006-02-20 | 15:38:05 | alesialet at clujnapoca.ro | addr4 at hms.com  | Hope this
helps |   14.35 |
| 2006-02-20 | 15:38:05 | alesialet at clujnapoca.ro | addr5 at hms.com   | Hope
this helps |   14.35 |

Note that the default high spam score on the server is 8. The High Spam score
for the messages to all but addr4 at hms.com is set to 25. All these messages
were tagged and delivered whereas all should have been delivered except for
the one to addr4 at hms.com. I saw this a couple of other times since upgrading
to 4.50.15, but thought it a fluke, but now it's appearing that there is a
problem in the way the messages are handled when they are hit on in the new
SA cache.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Chris