Upgrading from 4.37 (I know, I know, it's OLD)

Diane Rolland drolland at kdinet.com
Mon Feb 20 13:29:08 GMT 2006

  _____

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of shuttlebox
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:04 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 4.37 (I know, I know, it's OLD)

On 2/19/06, Diane Rolland <drolland at kdinet.com> wrote:

I am just a bit confused on manually editing the .rpmnew files and running
the upgrade_mailcanner_conf and upgrade_language_conf.

I've manually edited the .rpmnew files to include my custom configs.  I then
renamed the .rpmnew files to the regular file names.

When I got to run the upgrade script, I'm getting:
Usage:

RPM
===
If you are using the RPM distributions then try this:

cd /etc/MailScanner
upgrade_MailScanner_conf MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew >
MailScanner.new
mv -f MailScanner.conf MailScanner.old
mv -f MailScanner.new  MailScanner.conf

You shouldn't edit the rpmnew files. Just follow the instructions above and
MailScanner.conf will be updated with the new options and old options will
have your previous values.

I use the diff command for the other files, like filename.rules.conf and
filetype.rules.conf.

--
/peter

Thanks; I've downgraded and will try the entire process again later.
-Diane