Cron Hourly

Robert Davison rob_27_preston at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 10:17:28 GMT 2006

OK, i've looked at the check_MailScanner script which has the lines....

  LOCKFILE=/var/lock/check_Mailscanner.lock
MS_LOCKFILE=/var/lock/subsys/MailScanner.off

  I dont have a /var/lock/check_MailScanner file, and also no /var/lock/subsys/MalScanner.off file .... but there is a MailScanner file here.

shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 2/20/06, Robert Davison <rob_27_preston at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:    The odd thing is that im not shutting it down manually. MailScanner is running constantly and I'm still gettting these messages every hour.

Look into the script and you will see that it checks for the presence of a lock file (it told you what file in the message). Do you have that file or not? If MS is running, remove it.

--
/peter --