Cron Hourly

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:04:43 GMT 2006

On 20/02/06, Robert Davison <rob_27_preston at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I've recently installed MailScanner on a CentoOS 4.2 base. I'm getting the
> following message from my cron.hourly
>  /etc/cron.hourly/check_MailScanner: MailScanner manually
> shut down (/var/lock/subsys/MailScanner.off file exists).
> Not restarting.
> Can someone please explain whats going on here as my root mailbox is filling
> with this messge every hour.
> Thanks
> Rob

That is a "signal file" from the init script to tell the cron-job that
there is a need to run... Or rather no need.
It is created by sunning "service MailScanner stop" and removed by
running "service MailScanner start" ... I'm guessing your run the
former, the used manual measures to start everything up(?)... If you
do "service MailScanner restart" everything should be cleared up.

--
-- Glenn