Slightly OT: switching from Postfix to Sendmail

Steve Mason (maillist) smlists at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 18 17:04:41 GMT 2006

Drew Marshall wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2006, at 05:19, smlists at masoncomputing.com wrote:
>
>> However, I want to switch to Sendmail. I'm pretty sure I can find
>> most of the settings in MailScanner.conf, and the Fedora system-
>> switch-mail command should keep the rest of the system happy.
>> Is there anything I'm forgetting, or any gotchas I should know  about
>> before I go ahead?
>

> Not really, other than configuring Sendmail, which IMHO, compared to
> Postfix is some what trickier but there is loads of useful stuff out
> there and Google is your friend :-)
> Just out of interest, why the switch?

I'll reply from the correct account. That explains why the listserver
thought I wasn't registered. D'oh!

I switched to Postfix quite a while ago just to learn it, and see what
it was like. I'm  seriously considering implementing MailScanner at my
employer, and ditching our expensive and not terribly good third party
anti-spam provider.
Seems to me Sendmail is a bit more "mainstream" Mailwatch supports it a
bit better (can watch the queues), and it supports some things I may
want to run in the future like
Milter-ahead etc.  And yes, Google and I go way back (Deja-news) :)

Steve