File Attachment Blocking

Andrew Barbara Andrew at abit-wa.com.au
Fri Feb 10 05:24:42 GMT 2006

Hello,

We have a system at several sites where we have a the default list of
attachments that are blocked and a list of email addresses that are
allowed to send and receive the blocked attachments.

This works well except when you want to play with multiple domains on
the one server.

Relevant config files...

MailScanner.conf....

%rules-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/rules

Filetype Rules = %rules-dir%/filetype.rules

Filename Rules = %rules-dir%/filename.rules

/etc/MailScanner/rules/filename.rules

##Group 1 has not media attachments Group 2 is allowed PICS

ToOrFrom:       allowed.user at domain.com.au
/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

ToOrFrom:       allowed.user2 at domain2.com.au
/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

ToOrFrom:       *@domain2.com.au
/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.2.conf

ToOrFrom:       default
/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.group1.conf

Same in /etc/MailScanner/rules/filetype.rules but for
filename.rules.conf

In this setup the allowed.user2 at domain2.com.au is being overrided by
*.domain2.com.au - is there a way to overcome this?

Other than putting every email address in the file!!!

Regards,

Andrew Barbara