Delivery testing?

Nick Phillips nwp at nz.lemon-computing.com
Thu Feb 9 06:23:46 GMT 2006

meburke at rocomai.com wrote:

>cPanel uses exim as an MTA and includes MailScanner. exim includes a debug
>option to emulate delivery of mail from address to another by the command:
>
>exim -f sender at domain.ext -bt recipient at domain.ext
>
>but I get the result:
>
>recipient at domain.ext annot be resolved at this time:
>  All deliveries are handled by MailScanner
>
>Does anyone know of a way to verify that the mail is successfully passed for
>scanning, and also that the mail is queued for delivery properly after
>scanning?
>
>Ideally, I'd like to trace the message from composition to delivery.

You need to run exim in the same way that it is run *after* mailscanner
has had hold of it. That might involve specifying a different config
file, passing a -D option to exim to modify the behaviour of its config,
or "something else" (I don't know how cPanel works it). You can probably
find it by looking at the Sendmail2 option in your MailScanner.conf.

Cheers,

Nick