mailscanner behind a smtpd frontend

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:10:33 GMT 2006

On 13/02/06, Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama.com> wrote:
>  In any case you can check:
>  bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner
>  bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-SpamCheck
>  bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-SpamScore
>  bayes_ignore_header
> X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-Information
>
>  ... from /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf for a clue.
> You could write a few lines that include your particular headers and have SA
> ignore them. I don't know if bayes_ignore_header takes regexps, but you
> could look at the docs for SA and see for yourself.

Problem 1 is that you can't really do that for all the Received
lines... And the original problem is that adding such a line is an RFC
MUST. Sigh.

So unless one can do REs on it, you lose. Unfortunately,
bayes_ignore_header doesn't seem to accept RE:s (from the man-page)...
Perhaps Matt Kettler has a better clue...

So either you cannot use bayes (and might have issues beyond this), or
you really need convince the owner/PHB to rethink their strategy... As
it is, it'll probably hurt your results.

--
-- Glenn