MailScanner and Razor2 plugin

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Feb 13 18:22:41 GMT 2006

Jeff Davis wrote:
> The install instructions for the Razor Agent says to run
> razor-admin -register under /home/user/.razor  and as that user.
>
> Should I do this as the postfix user or
> as root, and what directory should I be in?

It really does not matter what user you use as far as MailScanner goes.

Mailscanner only calls SA to scan mail, which only checks against razor. You
don't need to be registered to check mail against razor. You only need to be
registered in order to report messages to razor.

So if you intend to use razor-report or spamassassin -r on message files, be
sure you run the registration as whatever user you intend to submit reports as.