More 4.50.15 woes on FreeBSD - Update

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Feb 13 15:47:57 GMT 2006

On Monday, February 13, 2006 3:46 PM TCIS List Acct wrote:

> Again, this happens across 4 different boxes, so it isn't "box"
> specific.  I've tried installing the Perl modules both ways -- from
> BSDPAN and from the ./install.sh distro.

Ok, make it "installation specific" then, since there are far more than
4 FreeBSD boxes up and running without problems.

> I did install from ports (Perl, exim, etc), with the exception of MS
> itself which is not patched specifically for FreeBSD that I know of.

Some things are patched but nothing overly important. You installed perl
from ports but did you also install the perl modules via ports? I would
suggest using the p5- ports only.

> Perhaps the load on my boxes is greater than others, and this problem
> only shows up under heavy load?

Maybe but I doubt it.

Regards,
  JP