MailScanner Postfix question

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 23:04:44 GMT 2006

On 10 Feb 2006, at 20:58, Glenn Steen wrote:
> I'm sure you will correct me if I'm thinking in muddled puddles (as I
> seem to have been doing the last couple of days, or so), but there is
> one more thing worth noting with the singel queue/hold setup... Jules
> (and others) have been asking how to make Postfix split messages to
> more than one recipient, so that the messages are handled one
> message/recipient.... Here is why it doesn't really play with PF. The
> settings (*_recipient_limits) are enforced _after_ MailScanner does
> it's bit, so any such splitting would be entirely pointless....
> Unfortunate, but (I think.... I confess I've been indulging in some
> nice Montepulchiano, just to honour the Olympics.... So might not have
> the best-working intellect:-) the only way to get at that
> functionality is to take Joshua Hirshs advice and use a dual-queue
> setup... Or does the defer happen prior to ... Oh bugger... You'd need
> a strange dual setup, or a *triple* setup to get this.... The first
> relaying through some delivery thing (and splitting them) onto the
> hold one, or the defer one... Sigh. Not good.

Having been also celebrating the Olympics start, I think 'Yup' sums
it up nicely! :-)

The other issue is that Weitse is not a fan of splitting messages so
the chances of this ever happening... Oh well. at least we are
getting extended message codes and DSN (Just after the world turned
off DSN...)

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy