Per-Domain Whitelist not honoring IP addresses

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Feb 9 16:35:53 GMT 2006

TCIS List Acct spake the following on 2/8/2006 6:03 PM:

> Steve Freegard wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 11:38 -0600, TCIS List Acct wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using the &ByDomainSpamWhitelist function in 4.47.4.  I have a
>>> "global" whitelist file located at:
>>>
>>> /etc/MailScanner/spam.bydomain/whitelist/default
>>>
>>> The file contains domain names, one per line.  I recently tried to
>>> add an IP address to it, e.g.
>>>
>>> 1.2.3.
>>>
>>> which should match 1.2.3.4, 1.2.3.5, etc. per the documentation in
>>> CustomConfig.pm.
>>>
>>> However, mail from those hosts are still being marked as spam / not
>>> being whitelisted.  Domain names contained in that file are working
>>> fine.  Did I miss something?
>>

>> Yes - wildcards are not supported at all.  The functionality is exact
>> match only.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve.
>>

> Hrmm.  So my only option if I wanted to whitelist, for instance, a Class
> C network, would be to go back to the default MailScanner whitelist
> functionality and ditch the per-domain stuff?

There is a patch on the sourceforge site to allow the 3 octet match you want.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1232929&group_id=87163&atid=582181
But it doesn't apply cleanly to the current code. You will have to do it manually.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and