OT: Shell Script

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:49:54 GMT 2006

On 08/02/06, Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama.com> wrote:
>  Up to recently I'd do a sync;sync;shutdown [parameters]...

:-) ... And when was the last time you did that on a system that a)
didn't do an fs sync in the shutdown command itself, and b) actually
needed the time it took for you to type the rest to complete the first
sync _and_ didn't block during the sync...? Oh well, ancient history
that turned into one of thos unix legends:-). For our younger audince,
one might add that this was sometime just after the dinosaurs went
extinct, and probably before the invention of the eraseable

--
-- Glenn