symantec scan on MailScanner

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Feb 8 17:02:28 GMT 2006

Randal, Phil spake the following on 2/8/2006 3:10 AM:
> What platform are you running on?  If it's Linux, I'd seriously
> recommend adding Bitdefender too.  It often catches stuff that ClamAV
> and McAfee don't catch here.
>
> My past experience of Symantec is that they were way too slow with their
> pattern updates, but this may have changed in recent
> days/weeks/months/years ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil
>
> ----
> Phil Randal
> Network Engineer
> Herefordshire Council
> Hereford, UK

And Symantec's linux offering just seems to be a toss at capturing what they
see as a small market. My PHB's are perfectly happy with the Clam,
BitDefender, McAfee combo, and are happy to spend the money elsewhere. But I
work for a privately held utility company, so any money they don't spend stays
in someones pocket.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and