mailscanner and perdomain white and blacklists

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Tue Feb 7 17:49:35 GMT 2006

Dave wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>    Sorry about the long delay in getting back to you. I checked out
> CustomConfig.pm and if i'm reading it right what i have to do is set the
> "Is Definitely Spam" and "Is Definitely Spam" to point to a directory

Umm no.. the directory pointing is already done.
egrep '^my \$BlacklistDir|^my \$WhitelistDir' CustomConfig.pm

You need to point 'Is Definitely Not Spam' and 'Is Definitely Spam' to a
function.. '&ByDomainSpamWhitelist' and '&ByDomainSpamBlacklist' to be
precise..

Now create the directories as defined in CustomConfig.pm.. typically
/etc/MailScanner/spam.bydomain/whitelist
/etc/MailScanner/spam.bydomain/blacklist

A file named 'default' will be the global (server-wide) list,
'domain.tld' will the domain specific list and 'user at domain.tld' will be
the user specific list.

'default', 'domain.tld' and 'user at domain.tld' can exist in both
directories as per your requirements.

The content of 'default', 'domain.tld' and 'user at domain.tld' can be a
mix of domains, email-addresses and ip-addresses (one per line).

Once you have it working, also look at the 'Definite Spam Is High
Scoring' option.

Hope it is clear now :-)

- dhawal