errors when running mailwatch php/mysql

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at PDSCC.COM
Sun Feb 5 20:55:53 GMT 2006

I've just spent the last few hours setting up mailwatch on a freshly built
centos 4.2 mail relay. Mailscanner is working fine with postfix.

I followed the instructions here:

http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=mailwatch:documentation:install

Once I finished the setup, I restarted the mysql, http and mailscanner
daemons.

I then attempt to go to http://ip.address.of.mailrelay/mailscanner
(also tried ttp://ip.address.of.mailrelay/mailscanner/index.php with same
results) and get nothing but a blank webpage. From the
/var/log/httpd/error_log:

[client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:
mysql_escape_string() in /var/www/html/mailscanner/functions.php on line 528

line 528 says
 $value = "'".mysql_escape_string($value)."'";

I've been googling, but havent found anything to get this to work. I've not
used php before....

Relevant rpm versions:

mailscanner-4.49.7-1
postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4